Heat Transfer machinery is of two types:
A. Platen Type Transfer Presses
The right machine depends on the type of product to be printed, the print size and the production requirements. If you wish to print full coverage on 60" wide goods, you would need to use a Rotary Drum machine. T-shirts, mugs, wood or tile are best printed on a platen machine. Cut apparel parts can be printed on either a platen press or a rotary drum machine. Production requirements often dictate which type of machine is used. Banners and soft signage are often printed on a rotary drum machine.
B. Rotary Drum Transfer Presses
These machines are often used to print fabric continuously (roll to roll) and to print large fabric parts such as signs and banners which may be too large for a standard platen press. Drum machines can also be used to print sports apparel and other cut apparel parts. Drum machines are more productive than platen machines for sublimation printing on cut apparel parts and are therefore used when production volume is high.
HEAT TRANSFER PRODUCT APPLICATIONS
- Point of purchase banners, signage, displays, skirting, carpeting, etc.
- Advertising specialties - mouse pads, wrist pads, beverage insulators, clip boards, etc.
- Ceramic tiles, wall murals and interior design
- Snow skis, snow boards, cycling helmets, in-line skates, water sports equipment
- Gaming tables , chips
- Lettering, Rhinestones/crystals
- Uni-sub wood, clipboards, plaques, signage, vending machines message boards, table tops, counter tops, flooring, etc.
- Microfiber based sports apparel, T-shirts, caps, swimsuits, jackets, tote bags, cut apparel parts, large format textiles, etc.